Held on the 22nd November at Mandarin Orchard, the first part of ACE Seniors’ annual conference, ACP is Everybody’s Business, saw over a hundred formal and informal caregivers participating in our highly experiential and skill-intensive conference.
Delivered by Dr. Ednin Hamzah, Medical Director & CEO of Hospis Malaysia, participants picked up skills and knowledge to be confident in providing comfort care for patients, and enabling them to age in place successfully.
This year’s conference was rated favourably among many participants:
- 95% of our participants rated the conference as relevant to their work
- Dr. Ednin Hamzah scored 5.1 of 6 in his delivery and conduct of the conference
- 86% rated the conference between very good to excellent
- Majority of the participants stated that they would like to start ACP conversations with their patients and elders under their care
- Several participants indicated that they would want to start having their ACP conversations with their loved ones
Our conference also allowed participants to highlight the need for more training and public education on the area of ACP. Attendees also hoped for the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC) to provide ACP facilitators with more aid concerning the starting and delivering of ACP, as well as training in communication and learning skills.
Check out our photos taken during the seminar on our Facebook page HERE!
Find out more about ACE Seniors’ conferences and seminars by being a member today! Be part of our exclusive mailing list by signing up HERE today!