1 day ‘Hackathon’ on Managing Dementia in the New Normal
23 Mar 2021, 9AM – 5PM @ Peacehaven Nursing Home
*Eligible for Pre-Approved VCF Funding / CCTG
COVID-19 has unsettled routines and introduced new stresses to PWDs and their caregivers. Families have been hard-pressed to explain pandemic restrictions and the need to stay at home. Disruptions are especially disorienting for seniors with cognitive frailty, and caregivers are feeling imprisoned by having to attend to them 24/7.
Putting our heads, hearts and hands together to make smart adjustments to our daily practices, services, and products. Creating dementia-friendly homes and nursing facilities is much needed.
Based on positive feedback from formal and informal caregivers, ACE Seniors is proud to collaborate with The Salvation Army Peacehaven Nursing Home in our latest edition of Dementia is Everybody’s Business. Our signature seminar brings together caregivers from all walks of life to learn from industry leaders, tour a leading dementia-friendly eldercare facility, and the opportunity to bring concepts to life through the ‘Hackathon’.
- 97% rated the ‘hackathon’ as relevant to their work and would recommend this seminar to their colleagues
- 90% rated the ‘hackathon’ as effective in generating solutions
- 87% are able to develop a common agenda for collective impact on improving the living conditions of PLDs
About the Dementia ‘Hackathon’
Hear from our industry leaders to develop an updated understanding of the pandemic’s impact on dementia care, and what it means for residential care, home-based care, day activity centres and as a community enabler.
Take a guided tour of Peacehaven Nursing Home’s Jade Circle, a four-storey, purpose-built, eldercare facility that raises the standards of dementia care through new care models with a focus on autonomy, choices and dignity.
Reference your insights and field experience garnered earlier, and work in teams to develop dementia-friendly environments and practices using the Hack Care design toolkit by the Lien Foundation, offering solutions and principles that were practicable, sparking creative ways tackling the challenge of making the environment more dementia-friendly.
- Develop an updated understanding of the pandemic’s impact on dementia care
- Examine the possibilities of collaboration to provide patient-centred care
- Experience purpose-built, eldercare facilities that raise the standard of dementia care
- Generate practical solutions to care for PLD in the new normal
8.30am – Registration
9.00am – Welcome by Dr. Tan Bee Wan, Executive Chairman of ACE Seniors
9.10am – Opening address by Mdm. Low Mui Lang, Executive Director of Peacehaven Nursing Home and Jade Circle
9.20am – Expert panel discussion on “Caring for PLD in the New Normal”
- Experts will present for 15 minutes followed by a panel discussion moderated by Dr. Tan Bee Wan
10.30am – Tea break
11.00am – Experiential journey of Jade Circle, a dementia-friendly eldercare facility
12.30pm – Lunch
1.30pm – Hack Team get cracking
2.30pm – Applying Hack Care Tips and Tricks to make a friendlier environment for PWDs and caregivers
- Participants will work in small groups of 5 to develop 10 practical applications for different settings of dementia care
3.30pm – Tea Break
4.00pm – Presentations by Hack Teams
4.45pm – Summary and Closing of Event
5.00pm – End of event
Who Should Attend
This seminar is for healthcare professionals, allied healthcare professionals, volunteers of eldercare SSA, formal and informal caregivers, social workers, counsellors.
*All prices exclude GST. CCTG subsidy available for eligible organisations.
Participants will be provided with a complimentary 240-page Hack Care instruction manual, presenting ways to make the home a friendlier place for those living with dementia