The joint pilot programme between ACE Seniors (ACES) and Centre for Seniors (CFS) has trained 92 seniors as mentors for students. These intergenerational mentoring sessions touched the lives of 218 youths across student care centres, primary and secondary schools.
Our initiative received very positive results from the students:
- 93% noted that the programme helped them in their studies, and felt that their behaviours have improved
- 83% expressed more confidence about achieving their goals
- 87% felt more positive towards their school, learning and adults
- 88% indicated that they have benefitted from these sessions
- 91% highlighted that the ‘Uncles’ and ‘Aunties’ are friendly and helpful
As the pilot programme came to an end, ACES has already received multiple requests from school to continue the mentorship – a testament to the efforts of our mentors. Join us today and be a mentor – you can make a difference in young lives! For more details, please email email@example.com or call us at 6509 8680.